1. #1
    Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Long Campaign Medal title=Remote Operations (Mobile Poster) title=Third to Serve title=

    Join Date
    2 March 2015
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,586

    To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    I know this will be a WWII realism game where teamwork will be vital and all of that, but I would like to know what kind of game are you guys intending to develop. Many of us are somewhat lost or confused as to what kind of gameplay should we expect and should we not.

    Of course from the (awesome) gifs you posted, we can sort of know what it will be like. I think someone said before that it was going to be between FH2 and PR, but did this change or are we expecting a game closer to PR/Squad now?

    I just wanted to make sure that everyone is on the same page and that both the community and the Devs know each others' expectations.



  2. Likes agus92, Flare, Esu21 liked this post
  3. #2
    Short Campaign Medal title=Remote Operations (Mobile Poster) title=

    Join Date
    29 July 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    113

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    Yes, it would be nice to see a post by the devs explaining the style of the game.

    Personally I imagined something like a WWII version of Squad or PR but more infantry focused. Very realistic and not as fast paced as FH2 or RO2.

    I challenge anyone to a dogfight.
    My YouTube Channel

  4. #3
    Team Medal title=Mortal Engines Medal title=Special Service Medal title=Supporter Medal title=Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Long Campaign Medal title=Extended Campaign Medal title=Prelonged Campaign Medal title=Facebook User title=Remote Operations (Mobile Poster) title=First to Serve title=

    Join Date
    29 May 2007
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    11,191

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    I just wanted to say that we haven't overlooked this thread but it's a question which a single post can't really do justice.

    The response to the latest update has been very interesting and does underline that we need to be better at explaining what to expect from TWs and how much of what we show in updates is WIP/subject to change or a stepping stone on the way to something more refined. We are already preparing to try out some simple suggestions made in the next test - the ones which aren't 3 months extra work

  5. Likes Aniallator liked this post
  6. #4
    Short Campaign Medal title=Remote Operations (Mobile Poster) title=

    Join Date
    29 July 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    113

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    Roger that @General Naga.

    Understandable that you can't quite give a full response. Do you think you could answer this simply?

    On a scale from FH2 "run and gun"-----1|-----2|-----3|-----4|-----5|-----PR "Slow and squad based" where does TW stand in terms of squadplay/realism?

    Here's what I think most of us are hoping for.

    Last edited by Flare; 1 Week Ago at 11:16 PM.

    I challenge anyone to a dogfight.
    My YouTube Channel

  7. Likes FlyingR, agus92, Aniallator, Esu21 liked this post
  8. #5
    Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Third to Serve title=

    Join Date
    17 August 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    30

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    I feel everybody understands perfectly that WIP placeholders are in play, as to be expected.

    On the other hand, I think that people is more "jumpy" to conclusions because the release is becoming palpable and we haven't got a definite statement on where the devs want to steer the game regarding teamwork. I recall some past comments, but the development cycle of TW has taken some time, and the landscape of the competition has changed with the success of games like Squad, bringing a spotlight on this issue. Besides, as you know, there is a modest sub-community that plays Project Reality. Furthermore, this group of devs has made an amazing job of hearing and interacting with the community, and some feel like it would be nice to know what options are in the table to allow further discussion to make Traction Wars great again

    In conclusion, it would be greatly appreciated to know where the game vision stands in relation of it's competition (because that's easy to relate and understand your point). I would understand if the answer is not a definite one, since well, the game is in development after all, and you just received tons of new community feedback . But in that case, some narrowing down of the options would still be appreciated.

    - - - Updated - - -

    @Flare

    I realize now I spent too much time to write my posts

    And you transmit your (well, ours ) point much more clearer also
    Last edited by agus92; 1 Week Ago at 01:57 AM.

  9. Likes FlyingR, Flare, Aniallator liked this post
  10. #6
    Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Long Campaign Medal title=Remote Operations (Mobile Poster) title=Third to Serve title=

    Join Date
    2 March 2015
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    1,586

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    Couldn't have said it better, well put Agus and Flare



  11. #7
    Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Long Campaign Medal title=Facebook User title=Remote Operations (Mobile Poster) title=Steam Link Medal title=Second to Serve title=

    Join Date
    30 October 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,444

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by agus92 View Post
    I feel everybody understands perfectly that WIP placeholders are in play, as to be expected.

    On the other hand, I think that people is more "jumpy" to conclusions because the release is becoming palpable and we haven't got a definite statement on where the devs want to steer the game regarding teamwork. I recall some past comments, but the development cycle of TW has taken some time, and the landscape of the competition has changed with the success of games like Squad, bringing a spotlight on this issue. Besides, as you know, there is a modest sub-community that plays Project Reality. Furthermore, this group of devs has made an amazing job of hearing and interacting with the community, and some feel like it would be nice to know what options are in the table to allow further discussion to make Traction Wars great again

    In conclusion, it would be greatly appreciated to know where the game vision stands in relation of it's competition (because that's easy to relate and understand your point). I would understand if the answer is not a definite one, since well, the game is in development after all, and you just received tons of new community feedback . But in that case, some narrowing down of the options would still be appreciated.
    Very well said!

  12. Likes agus92 liked this post
  13. #8
    Team Medal title=Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Long Campaign Medal title=Extended Campaign Medal title=Remote Operations (Mobile Poster) title=Second to Serve title=

    Join Date
    19 February 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    280

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    I personally see us more in the realms of RO2. But we’ve never really sat down and discussed what games we’re similar to, we’re just making one we want to play.

  14. Likes Aniallator, Kroney95 liked this post
  15. #9
    Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Long Campaign Medal title=Extended Campaign Medal title=Prelonged Campaign Medal title=First to Serve title=

    Join Date
    15 January 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    107

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    we’ve never really sat down and discussed what games we’re similar to, we’re just making one we want to play.
    This is what I wanted to hear. I dislike when your game is compared to other games, as if they want a "retextured copy" of it. Though I do understand when they mention gameplay pace and need a way of measuring that pace...

  16. Likes Aniallator liked this post
  17. #10
    Short Campaign Medal title=Campaign Medal title=Third to Serve title=

    Join Date
    17 August 2015
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    30

    Re: To the Devs, Gameplay Expectations

    Quote Originally Posted by Swaffy View Post
    This is what I wanted to hear. I dislike when your game is compared to other games, as if they want a "retextured copy" of it. Though I do understand when they mention gameplay pace and need a way of measuring that pace...
    Afaik, everyone who posted here just wanted to know about the pace, and encourages that the devs create an original game (I do, at least).

  18. Likes FlyingR, Aniallator liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Wow what a nice promise this game holds, ty devs!
    By Brinckie in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03/01/2016, 09:47 PM
  2. Community Questions: Ask the Devs
    By General Naga in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 27/06/2015, 05:09 AM
  3. Questions for devs
    By SolitarioSoldat in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 14/08/2014, 01:38 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29/05/2013, 05:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Sign in through Steam